The school year is fast approaching and it’s time to start doing some school supply shopping. One of the hardest things to do for any 18-21 year old is figuring out what they’ll need to live on their own. Every kid is different but here is a list of some of the most essential items that everyone needs.
2. T-Shirts- Let’s be honest here, your kid is not gonna be doing laundry very often so make sure they have a ton of t-shirts to get them through the semester. Check our some of Chowdaheadz best selling t-shirts here.
3. Shower shoes- Sharing a shower with hundreds of kids you don’t know seems grosser than it is. Unless you have to stand in their filth in bare feet. Grab a cheap pair of flip flops for a layer of protection from weird germs.
4. Bottle Opener- For the kids that drink, a bottle opener is going to be a must have. Nothing worse than buying cheap beer and not being able to open it. We have a ton of great bottle openers that you can check out here.
5. HDMI cord- Nothing is as bad as college cable channels. Make sure you grab an HDMI cord/ adapter for your laptop so you can watch all the Netflix and HBO GO you want.
6. Hoodies- Tailgating is one of the funnest parts about college (other than going to class obviously). Make sure your child is not only warm during their tailgates, but also looking great. Send them to school this year with a Chowdaheadz tailgater hoodie, they’ll be the talk of the tailgate. Shop our tailgater hoodies here.
7. Keurig- This is a must have. Every kid needs a little energy throughout the day and the cheapest way to do this is to simply buy one of these brilliant machines and a ton of K-Cups.
8. Mugs- Coffee mugs are a savior for any college student. Trust me, as a recent college grad, there’s nothing worse than trying to keep coffee warm in a solo cup. Check out some of our most popular coffee mugs here.
9. Wall decor-Don’t have you kid be the only one in the dorm with plain walls. Help them make their room their own with some wicked awesome signage.
10. Lastly, just make sure that you’re sending them with the knowledge that the next 4 years are going to be incredibly fun, and incredibly demanding. Their going to laugh cry, want to rip their hair out in frustration, and make life long long friends in the process. College is one of the greatest experiences a person can have in their young life, make sure they know to cherish every minute of it.