Fitness and health-related events will take place all across the city from Monday, September 10 through Sunday the 16th. Whether you are into yoga, spinning, or just enjoy healthy snacks, wellness week has something for everyone.
The events will kick off with a whisper rather than a bang when 400 people gather to meditate in Fenway Park! The "Big Quiet" begins at 7:00 PM and features live sound bath practitioners, instrumentalists, and violins.
The spiritual healing continues Tuesday through Thursday with daily "office recess" sessions at the Patios on City Hall Plaza. Head over on your lunch break for free games, snacks, and drinks.
The 3rd Annual Social Fitness Festival takes place all day Saturday with free fitness classes, workouts, and activities. Check out the schedule below!
- Sunrise Yoga with Izzy VanHall (7 a.m.)
- Daybreaker Dance Experience (9 a.m.)
- Play Zone Open All Day (9 a.m.)
- BronCore Bootcamp (9 a.m.)
- Superhero Bootcamp (9 a.m.)
- Wake Up and Release Yoga with Sara DiVello (9 a.m.)
- Open Air Spin with Rev’d Cycling (9 a.m., 10 a.m., 11 a.m., and 12 p.m.)
- Power Yoga by Baptiste Power Yoga (10 a.m.)
- Tabata with Healthworks’ Tara Breznovits (10 a.m.)
- Cardio Dance Party by ((305)) Fitness (10:30 a.m.)
- BollyX Workout (11 a.m.)
- Life Time Fire Yoga (11 a.m.)
- CorePower Yoga (12 p.m.)
- AMP Fitness Metabolic Conditioning Training (12 p.m.)
- The Dance Mile (1 p.m.)
All classes and demonstrations are totally free, but organizers recommend signing up in advance to reserve your spot!
Professionals from Fit University, Tufts Medical Center, and Orangetheory Fitness will be on hand to host educational sessions on topics such as stretching, lifting, nutrition, rowing, and recovery techniques.
Finally, Boston's week of wellness will close out on Sunday with the 14th annual Hub on Wheels city-wide bike ride with a portion of the proceeds benefiting Boston Children’s Hospital!