The Most Bad-Ass Dads in History
For Father’s day this year, we decided to compile a list of our top 10 most Bad-Ass dads. We compiled the list by looking at TV and movie characters , celebrities, historical figures and athletes.
10. President James Marshall (Air Force One)- Almost single handily counteracted a terrorist plot, all while 30,000 feet in the air. Using smarts and overall, bad ass demeanor, he saved his family’s lives and possibly the world’s.
9. Rocky Balboa (Rocky)- The Italian Stallion himself. The man that took down, Drago, humbly defeated Creed, lost his wife, raised a child, all while becoming one of the most electric heavyweights the world has ever seen.
8. Benjamin Martin (The Patriot)- Saved America from the British, protected his family, fought for what he believed in, a True American.
7. Mufasa (Lion King)- Father to Simba, King of Africa. What more can you say about someone that sacrifices himself for the betterment of his family and his people
6. David Ortiz (Big Papi)- Father, hero, champion. This man embodies all that is good and just in sports. He has overcome adversity, defeated better opponents, and created a legacy that will withstand the test of time. The Large Father is one that we will cherish in our memories and in our hearts, as being a baseball giant with an even bigger heart.
5. John McClane (Die Hard) – The ultimate bad ass. Saved his family multiple times from terrorists attacks and saved the lives of countless others.
4. Tony Soprano (The Sopranos)- The leader of the Italian mafia. feared by many, loved by more. He created an empire that could control all. The love, passion and devotion he had for his friends and family knew no limits.
3. Don Corleone (The Godfather)- His name says it all, The Godfather. One of the most bad ass father’s of all time. Smart, cunning, charming, and above all, dangerous. This guy would do literally anything to protect his family.
2. Samuel Adams- Not only is it a great beer, he was a great man, and the Father of America. He is widely credited with being an integral member of the Boston Tea Party which led the revolution against the British. So yeah, he was a bad ass dad.
1. Dick Hoyt (Bad Ass)- The Hoyt family is extremely well-known in the sports community in Boston. Dick pulls and pushes his son Rick, who has Cerebral Palsy, through marathons, Ironman triathalons and other athletic endeavors. Dick and Rick have run the Boston marathon 32 times together and are an inspiration to thousands of people.